Business Intelligence (BI) solutions seek to distill large amounts of transactional and operational data into specific reports and metrics which provide insight into enterprise performance.
An integrated BI solution builds on the foundation of a Data Warehouse, adds online analytical processing (OLAP) tools and seeks to aggregate highly summarized information within digital dashboards. Such a solution addresses the needs of a variety of users – from executive management and line of business owners to business analysts seeking to better gauge and understand their business.
121 has extensive experience in implementing BI solutions using a metric driven, data mart based approach which seeks to incrementally build the complete Data Warehouse. This allows us to deliver fully functional BI applications which address specific business areas (such as Sales, Manufacturing) within a 90 day time-frame. We have experience in a variety of BI platforms including Business Objects, Cognos, Teradata, Oracle, Microsoft and Informatica.
121 BI solutions cover:
- Selection of OLAP platforms and ETL tools (used to extract, transform, and load operational data into the Data Warehouse on an ongoing basis)
- Data Warehouse design based either on the Kimball or a fully relational model
- Design and development of ETL routines to support individual data marts as well as Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Design and development of standard and ad-hoc reports
- Integration of graphical metrics into Dashboards and Enterprise Portals
- Integration of Enterprise Analytic and Data Mining tools into the BI solution
- Post-production Data Warehouse support